Friday, April 22, 2011

Faces, Exhibit M: The General

What can you expect from a fine upstanding military man in Cocteau's world? Life lessons about mirages, epic orchestrated combat stories, fierce lion battles, and resurrection. If you know of a better character arc, I'd like to see it. And you lucky bastards get the pleasure of watching Dennis Newport take this crazy journey as The General in The Eiffel Tower Wedding Party, but only if you grab your ticket quick before they disappear! Do it to it!


























"I've come far from my first role as a courtier in an Off-Off-Broadway production of Romeo and Juliet, where a homeless man ran the lights and a cat wandered to and fro on the set during crucial scenes. It's all been up from there. I'm grateful to be back on the North Side with The Nine -- thanks to Bries for the opportunity. What a great cast and crew! Thanks to Kathy -- I will be home soon. I want to dedicate this performance to my grandchildren, Nate, Rodger, Aislyn, and Logan. May they inherit the best of all possible worlds. For complete resume go to www.dennisnewport.com ."

No comments:

Post a Comment