Thursday, October 4, 2012

Son of Return of the Faces: Anthony DeMarco

Yesterday, I introduced you to Arthur, Adamov's everyman who gets swept into a corporate spin cycle throughout Ping-Pong. Today, it's Victor, his (much more level-headed) partner in crime. And when you need someone to play the inseparable better half to Austin Oie, you can't do much better than than one Mr. Anthony DeMarco. Returning to us after his stint as The Manager in The Eiffel Tower Wedding Party and Friend 1 in Peculiar Way, Anthony was one of the first people I approached about this project and, after a couple of beers, I was able to convince him that I wasn't talking completely out of my ass and that this whole makeup concept thingy (we'll get there) might actually have some legs after all. And voila! This, ladies and gents, is how magic is born. You just find you a DeMarco is all.




Anthony M. DeMarco dabbles in many a creative medium: the written word, film, animation, photography, and the stage. He also has concerns in law, politics, religion, history, education, conservation, and social planning. In between all that, he has found time to fit in stage work in Chicago with companies such as: Seanachai, Mary Arrchie, Lights Out, and New Beast Theatre Works. The glory of the Nine, and why Anthony is so pleased to be back here, is that it allows for the space and dialogue to combine all of those ideas he holds so dear and to make them manifest in real time. Truth is born. Trust is love. Shout outs to my Moms and my Pops, my coworkers, my comrades, my union brothers and sisters, my siblings, my cousins, my castmates, and anyone who has suffered through one of my drunken rambles on surrealism as a meditative necessity in an industrial social context.

No comments:

Post a Comment